Data is like trust, it takes a life time to build, a split second to lose!
Every business uses data on a daily basis. If you lost your critical data, what would you do? If you do not have backup, chances are it would destroy your business! If you are lucky, you would gradually work your way back.
Many require time and effort to keep their data backed up on Tape drives or external hard drives, because they feel it is the most secure method. Remote backup is the next generation of Tape Backups, and is much safer. Tapes will be phased out in exchange for remote solutions over the next couple of years for many reasons:
- Unreliable, regular problems when restoring critical data.
- Consumes Resources, Tapes need manually changing (either each day or when they are full), labelling and storing by a responsible person in your office, which takes time.
- Vulnerable to theft, natural disasters and loss.
- Time consuming, It can take over an hour to wind the tape to a specific file to restore.
- Wear Out, as tapes are reused they need replacing.
With our Remote Backup service, all these issues are overcome. The backup software is held on your server, scheduling backups daily, weekly or periodically; and works transparently in the background. All you need is an internet connection to connect to our secure backup servers.
What are the facts?
- 70% of companies go out of business after a major data loss
- 42% of all tape restores fail
- 61% of companies took over 1 day to recover from system failures
- 43% of companies experiencing disasters never recover
- 90% of businesses that lose all data from a disaster are forced to close within 2 years.
What are the benefits?
- No Tapes!
- Data is not stored at the office, but in a secured, off-site location.
- Transparent to daily processes.
- Is always up to date.
- Recovering is fast and simple. No fast forwarding tapes!
- No limitation on storage capacity.