Windows 10 - Fall Creators Update
There's a new update out for Windows 10! Let's see what it does..
- Available from Wednesday 18th October 2017
- Can be installed by going to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update. Select Check for updates. If updates are available, install them.
What’s new in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update?
- The re-designed Photos app allows easier viewing of images and videos; as well as a way to organise and create video stories from your imagery. This is enhanced with the ability to automatically group images by location, date and type as well as add static or animated effects like rain or lighting strikes to your video compilations with ease. After you’ve created your memory masterpiece then it’s easy to share with friends too!
- Windows Defender now includes “Exploit Guard” to help defend against ransomware attacks by protecting files from being changed by unauthorised applications.
- Cortana is now more accessible and powerful, with the ability to be accessed from above the lock screen as well as perform functions such as sleep, restart and a shutdown of your device.
- Microsoft Edge has been updated to include several new and really useful features including; new ways to annotate books including highlighting, adding comments and copying text. You can also now edit the URL of existing favourites instead of having to remove and re-add them. There’s also the ability to pin your favourite website to you task bar, for quick and easy access even when you don’t have Edge open.
- Mixed Reality Viewer allows you to use your own 3D images created in Paint 3D or those downloaded from Remix3D.com and view them mixed into your own surroundings.
- As well as being able to use Mixed Reality Viewer to view 3D objects in your own environment; the same objects can now also be inserted into and placed 3 dimensionally within Word, Excel and PowerPoint presentations.
- Microsoft store now has a new logo and has been combined with the Xbox360 store to give you one online marketplace to shop for the latest content and products from Microsoft and its partners.
- Microsoft’s cloud storage service one drive now has new functionality to allow you to access files stored on the cloud (not on your local machine) as if they were locally without taking up valuable hard drive space (functionality depends on internet connectivity).
- The new update also brings together easier access to a variety of features for Gamers such as easily toggling game mode, determining audio streams when broadcasting game play and access to view your GPU information and performance in Task manager.
- There are lots of other features available to with the Fall Creators Update including new accessibility features , find my pen (for surface users), PDF form filling with Edge, Dictation enhancements and a currency converter to name a few.
The best way to find out about the features included in this update is to give it a try for yourself!